Radio Broadcaster, Drake University
Des Moines, Iowa from August 2014 to present day
I’ve broadcasted dozens of football and basketball games at Drake. I was also lead broadcaster for the Drake Relays and operate my own music show on our campus radio station. Ask me more, I love talking about my experience.
- Eloquence — appropriateness in a professional setting
- Fluency — in sports and culture
- Radio — Basic radio technology, as well as how radio stations operate
- Punctuality — maintaining a schedule
Phonathon, Drake University
Des Moines, Iowa from January 2016 to present day
I work as a student caller for Drake, calling to update information and ask for gifts for the university.
- Professionalism — responding in difficult situationis
- Pride — promotion of Drake
- Personability — combining facts with a friendly attitude to encourage giving
- Appropriateness — in a professional setting
Associate Supervisor, Galaxy Youth Center
Grinnell, Iowa from June 2012 to March 2014
The Galaxy Youth Center is a youth program dedicated to allowing a safe area for kids to eat healthy, learn, and perform engaging activities.
- Supervision — Interaction with children (especially ages 5-13)
- People skills — (handling inquisitive or frustrated parents
Filmer, Grinnell High School Football
Grinnell, Iowa from August 2010 to November 2013
I filmed every football game during my high school career.
- Basic camera operation
- Punctuality in times
- Increased in-depth understanding of football
I am halfway through my sophomore year at Drake University. I am a Broadcast News and Internet News double major, with a minor in Politics and a concentration in Leadership.
Grinnell High School
I attended Grinnell High School for four years. I participated in many activities, including debate, speech, theater, math team, golf, football filming, and Model UN.
- Personable; excellent people skills
- Intelligent; can easily adapt to many different situations
- Punctual; was late to work exactly 0 times at the Galaxy and as a broadcaster
- Dedicated; I greatly care about my jobs and who I interact with
- Aware; I’m passionate about pop culture (sports, music, politics) — I have hobbies